You can finally not feel guilty for picking music festivals over the gym. It turns out, you actually burn a good amount of calories just dancing and walking around at festivals.
Tech company Withings did a study and calculated how many calories you will burn at your average music festival. Based on the top 10 music festivals in the UK, the study analyzed various site maps and used their tracking technology to calculate the average amount of calories you would burn each day at a festival.
The Withings study found that the average festival goer will spend up to 8 hours dancing per day. In addition, each act you see will burn anywhere from 400 to 700 calories. The study also found that watching more upbeat performers such as Calvin Harris resulted in even more calories burned.
This summer, make sure to get a ton of dancing in because it’s good for your health! Check out the list of averages below:
1. Glastonbury – 3,400 calories burnt per day /5.1 miles walked.
2. V Festival –3,100 calories burnt per day /4.6 miles walked.
3. Reading Festival – 3,000 calories burnt per day /4.7 miles walked.
4. T in the Park – 3,000 calories burnt per day /4.5 miles walked.
5. Leeds Festival – 2,900 calories burnt per day/4.6 miles walked.
6. Creamfields – 2,800 calories burnt per day /4.2 miles walked.
7. Isle of Wight Festival – 2,700 calories burnt per day /4 miles walked.
8. Bestival – 2,600 calories burnt per day /4 miles walked.
9. Lovebox – 2,500 calories burnt per day/ 3.1 miles walked.
10. T4 On The Beach – 2,300 calories burnt per day/ 2.9 miles walked.
You can read the full report on the Irish Examiner,