Pioneer is associated as the top dog in DJ gear and equipment. Just last month, the company was unveiling its latest CDJs and now it seems they have something bigger coming at the end of the summer designed to raise the bar for large scale concerting venues across the globe. Although revealed as prototypes at NAMM (National Association of Music Merchants) 2016, Pioneer has lifted the lid on their new TOUR1 line of technology which includes the CDJ-TOUR1 and the DJM-TOUR1.
The new “touring” CDJs and DJMs from Pioneer are designed in size and performance to be the desired choice for major music festival-type of events like EDC Las Vegas or Ultra Music Festival. To match with the needs of these larger venues, the new TOUR1 brand has advanced sound quality in the form of ES9018 32-bit D/A converters with the power to bring “incredibly low noise and distortion” at 96kHZ/24-bit output. Aside from normal displays, each unit comes with foldable screens that each are powered by built-in CPUs. This allows the screens to show a massive array of viewing options. Some might view this as unnecessary, but it sure looks cool.
Compared to their respective predecessors, the CDJ-2000NXS2 and the DJM-900NXS2, the CDJ-TOUR1 and DJM-TOUR1 shine with brand new perks that previous Pioneer products were not able to do. Just check out some of these new features:
- Advanced sound quality (for large scale venues)
- 13 inch, fold-out touch screen (which includes browsing options such as Track-Filter Mode, Keyword Search, Multi-Colored Wave Zoom, and Multi-Wave View)
- Lockable LAN Port
- Isolator feet
- Display shade adjustment
- Tilt Screen
- Pro DJ Link features
- AES/EBU output (high-quality sound components for massive venues)
- 13 inch, fold-out touch screen that shows information of up to four users simultaneously
- Lockable LAN port and 5-port LAN hub
- Two headphone inputs for back-to-back cueing
- XLR/TRS combination port for various AUX input options
- KUVO Gateway (allows for broadcasting options to display playing tracks)
Expect to see these Pioneer products out around August of this year. The CDJ-TOUR1 is slated to cost a hefty $4,999 and the DJM-TOUR1 is looking to run at a price tag of $5,999. Check out more on the new TOUR1 line in this video from Pioneer below.