Unfortunate news coming out of the UK and Glastonbury as reports indicate that an unidentified man has died after catching fire on the Somerset, England festival grounds.

Emergency services were called Monday night around 5pm with reports of a man on fire. As the area had recently flooded, firefighters onsite reportedly found it difficult to reach the victim in the necessary time. According to a spokesperson for Avon and Somerset Constabulary, the man was “taken by air ambulance to Southmead Hospital in Bristol. He was transferred to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham, where he sadly later died.”

Some say that the fire could have been caused by a gasoline spill Green Fields area of the festival site, though these rumors have not been confirmed.

Glastonbury Festival is still expected to open its gates tomorrow, June 22, at its regularly scheduled time.


via Mixmag