EST Fest’s 2016 edition just took place in Butler, Ohio, and along with an eclectic lineup, more than 20 attendees have been hospitalized after ingesting drug-laced candy. However, the drug it was laced with happened to be THC, the psychoactive compound in marijuana.
After testing the candy, Richland County Sheriff’s Office Maj. Joe Masi says that the crime lab had never seen such a high dose of THC before, and Lt. Joe Petrycki, regional drug task force commander, disagreed with labeling the incidents as overdoses since no one lost consciousness. The man selling the marijuana infused candy has since been arrested and is being held in custody as the investigation continues.
While suspected overdoses are nothing to joke about, the reality of what happened is that these 20 plus attendees just got incredibly stoned. We’re just glad no one was seriously injured.
20 people overdose on THC at Ohio concert https://t.co/BC04CDywPM
— Collected News (@CollectedN) August 6, 2016
H/T Global News