Having just seen a stellar set from Plastician in LA not two weeks ago, I was ecstatic when the team from Symbiosis Gathering hit me up asking if we wanted to host an exclusive playlist from the Terrorhythm don himself.
The theme of the playlist is 2016 Bass Year in Review, so you have a wide variety of tracks here to go through. Many of them are from his own label, yes, but assuredly they are representative of what’s been going on in bass music so far this year, with cuts from Zeke Beats and Sorsari to even Plastician himself.
Take a listen below and get hyped for Symbiosis!
1. Skit & Kareful – Lotus – 2 wave dons combine on this 140 roller. Real nice vibes on this, love the bass.
2. Deadcrow – Wifi – one of my favourite tracks to have dropped this year, another on the wavy tip from Deadcrow, really warm and low bass on this one.
3. Sorsari – Children Of Gaia – possibly the most anticipated (perhaps the first track to actually be anticipated in a scene that uploads songs 20 mins after they’re exported out of FL studio) track to come out of the wave movement. Pleased to have been able to put this together – big tune from a solid E.P.
4. Zeke Beats – Meltdown – one of the most played songs on the Terrorhythm catalog from the don Zeke Beats, something a little harder for the list.
5. Plastician – Do What You Feel – flipping things after the Zeke tune, here’s a really chilled one, my only release so far this year, but it won’t be the last (watch this space).
6. Skepta – Lyrics – my favourite track from my old pal Skepta’s album Konnichiwa, which for me is the biggest UK album to have dropped in 2016.
7. Jammz – Who Is It – Jammz is killing it, this whole mixtape is flames but this one gets the nod for sampling me and Skepta on the radio from 10 years back.
8. Alfred English – Black Miasma – easily one of the craziest tracks of 2016. This guy is going places.