As we anxiously await the new Gorillaz album Humanz, out April 28, Damon Albarn revealed he’s sitting on way more than just that LP! He told Zane Lowe on Beats 1 that he has “40 to 45” other songs that didn’t make the album, but still plans on completing.
“I’m just sort of slowly going through all tunes that sort of didn’t work out and finishing them,” he said. “I can stay in the game for at least another 18 months, I reckon.”
Along with the interview, Gorillaz dropped another track from the forthcoming album — “Let Me Out” featuring Pusha T and Mavis Staples. It sounds like the Gorillaz we love, with a new school hip hop twist that’s both hard and soulful at the same time.
We can’t wait to hear Humanz in its entirety, and hopefully even a follow up album within the next 18 months, considering there is so much Gorillaz material to be heard!
Listen to “Let Me Out” and the other 4 releases from the album thus far right here.
01. Ascension ft. Vince Staples
02. Strobelite ft. Peven Everett
03. Saturnz Barz ft. Popcaan
04. Momentz ft. De La Soul
05. Submission ft. Danny Brown & Kelela
06. Charger ft. Grace Jones
07. Andromeda ft. D.R.A.M.
08. Busted and Blue
09. Carnival ft. Anthony Hamilton
10. Let Me Out ft. Mavis Staples & Pusha T
11. Sex Murder Party ft. Jamie Principle & Zebra Katz
12. She’s My Collar ft. Kali Uchis
13. Hallelujah Money ft. Benjamin Clementine
14. We Got The Power ft. Noel Gallagher and Jehnny Beth
Humanz Deluxe edition:
15. The Apprentice ft. Rag’n’bone Man, Zebra Katz & Ray BLK
16. Halfway To The Halfway House ft. Peven Everett
17. Out Of Body ft. Kilo Kish, Zebra Katz & Imani Voshana
18. Ticker Tape ft. Carly Simon & Kali Uchis
19. Circle Of Friendz ft. Brandon Markell Holmes