Several suspected overdoses at 2 Toronto night clubs early Saturday morning may have been the cause of 1 death and 4 hospitalizations, pending toxicology results.
The Toronto Police Service issued a Public Safety Alert in wake of the reported incidents:
On Saturday, April 8, 2017, at 12:42 a.m., officers responded to a medical complaint at Uniun Nightclub located at 473 Adelaide Street West.
– a 24-year-old woman had collapsed from an apparent drug overdose
– she was rushed to hospital where she was later pronounced
– while investigating this incident, another woman collapsed from an apparent drug overdose
– she was also transported to hospital in serious condition
On Saturday, March 8, 2017, at approximately 1:30 a.m., officers responded to a medical complaint at The Rebel Nightclub located at 11 Polson Street.
– two men and one woman had collapsed from apparent drug overdoses
– all three victims were transported to hospital
The clubs, both operated by INK Entertainment collectively stated, “Public safety and security is our top priority at INK Entertainment and we will continue to ensure that it remains that way with the highest standard of support.”
**PUBLIC SAFETY ALERT** suspected drug overdoses in Toronto overnight, possibly involving MDMA. Know the risks: https://t.co/jHgQANqA7I ^ma
— Toronto Police OPS (@TPSOperations) April 8, 2017