For the first time, Snapchatters can watch their bitmojis come to life in 3D! Snapchat has officially introduced Bitmoji World Lenses, which put a playful and quirky spin on life’s everyday moments by depicting them as humorous dramatizations – either gone swimmingly or sideways – like a mini-play in the Lens carousel that’s as fun to play with as it is to send to friends.
The world lenses are easy to use:
- Simply tap the rear-facing Snapchat camera screen to unlock these Lenses in the Lens carousel.
- Point the Snap camera at a surface to place your bitmoji and animate the world with short scenes.
- 3D Bitmojis appear in the Lens carousel alongside face and World Lenses, and can be identified by an icon that represents each scene.
- Snapchatters can direct the animated scenes by scaling, moving or walking around the 3D experiences.
- When you’re done playing with your 3D Bitmoji, you can send your creations directly to your friends or post them to your Story.
- 3D Bitmojis are available to Snapchatters globally on iOS and Android––so long as they’ve created a bitmoji and have their Bitmoji app linked to Snapchat!
3D World Lenses of words and objects were first launched in April 2017. And, since releasing Lenses for the first time almost two years ago, the product has evolved steadily — Snapchat has animated your face, the sky, created games, painted your hair and more.
Bitmoji is a playful, personal extension of you. Bitmojis add even more personality, emotion and expression to the conversations our community is having every day on Snapchat, and around the web.
As a special treat this Friday, your Bitmoji can now be seen grooving to Avicii’s new song “Without You”! Try it out yourself in the app once you’ve downloaded the newest update.