Evan Blass, an online tipster, has just uploaded photos that he claims to be of Samsung‘s newest flagship device, the Galaxy S8, set to launch on March 29. Along with the photos, Blass leaked what he claims are the phone’s official specifications and features.
Blass said that the S8 will be released in two different models with a 5.8- and 6.2-inch QHD Super AMOLED screens with Samsung’s “edge” display. Some of the models are said to come equipped with Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 835, while the rest will run on Samsung Exynos. The speed from the Snapdragon 835 technology will allow the S8 to run 11 percent faster than the S7 with 23 percent faster graphic processing and 20 percent more energy efficiency, said Blass.
As reported by Dekh News, the S8’s list of Blass-confirmed features is as follows:
- The Galaxy S8 models are confirmed to run on Android’s Nougat version.
- Both models fuelled by 3000mAh and 3500mAh for the 5.8-inch and 6.2-inch design, respectively.
- The Samsung galaxy S8 will sport 4GB RAM with 64GB internal storage option, which will be expandable up to 256GB using a microSD card.
- Smartphone will also have USB-C and a new version of Samsung’s Gear VR headset and Gear 360 camera.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 will come with a 12MP rear sensor and an 8MP front sensor with improved image quality, low-light performance and speed, compared to S7.
- The camera will feature built-in object recognition found in Google Glasses.
- The iris-scanner biometric technology will be available on the Galaxy S8 smartphone.
- Samsung has moved the fingerprint sensor at the rear next to the camera lens.
- As per the report, the Galaxy S8 will feature Samsung’s new AI personal assistant, called Bixby, developed based on the technology gained from the Viv-lab, which Samsung acquired in October last year.
- The new smartphone will also consist of a new service called DeX that will allow Galaxy S8 to switch into an Android desktop computer, connecting to a monitor, keyboard and other peripherals.
— Benjamin Geskin (@VenyaGeskin1) January 28, 2017
The 5.8-inch model will price at €799, while the 6.2-inch model will come at €899.
Source: Dekh News