Some sad news out of Philadelphia today. This weekend a Zeds Dead show in Philadelphia was shut down before the duo even took stage, with reports of people passing out due to overdose. The all-ages show took place at the Electric Factory and, according to philly.com, as many as nine people had passed out at the event, although they could not confirm those reports.
After the fiasco that was All Mixed Up at the Nassau Coliseum on Long Island, NY on Halloween, which was also an all ages event, promoters really need to reconsider their choices when making an event all ages. Obviously there are concert-goers under 18 years of age who can behave themselves, but rarely do you see any news like this coming out of 18+ events. When something like this happens nobody wins; the scene looks bad, those who were being responsible are angry, it makes the promoters look bad, and worst of all people get hurt. For this instance in Philly it seems it was a case of bad drugs going around. We do not condone the use of substances but please, for the love of God, if you or someone you know plans on taking something make sure you know exactly what it is you are taking so something like this does not happen again.
We will update this post with any more information we find out about this upsetting news.Tweet