Tomorrowland has always done it the biggest… but with the two-weekend format returning this year, it difficult to imagine a more hard-working and probably stressed out team than the one in Boom, Belgium.
2017’s Tomorrowland lineup features a truly staggering number of artists, with over 1000 confirmed across the two weekends. Additionally, the festival will welcome 69 stage hosts from the likes of Martin Garrix’s STMPD RCRDS to Drumcode and Monstercat, and individual artists like Belgium’s Netsky, and Dave Clarke.
Tomorrowland 2017, Boom – Belgium: 21-22-23 & 28-29-30 July 2017
Check www.tomorrowland.com for all information on the program and lineup of Amicorum Spectaculum.
Some musical trivia:
- Carl Cox celebrated his 50th birthday at Tomorrowland in 2012. This year, the legendary Carl Cox will be 55 on 29 July.
- On 28 July 2013, Armin van Buuren began his set on the Tomorrowland stage just after having become the father to a son. Exactly four years later, Armin will appear on A State of Trance. Armin has even more in store for Tomorrowland’s Amicorum Spectaculum. Not a new baby this time, but a unique collaboration that he will be announcing soon.
- Netsky will be appearing for the third time at Tomorrowland. On 24 July 2010, together with Murdock feat. Quest One MC, he laid down a blazing set at De Schorre. In 2014, he did it again, and this year, he’ll have his own stage and of course, there’s a spot reserved for Murdock on the NETSKY & Friends stage.
- Craig David presents TS5, Felix Jaehn (known for his remix of ‘Cheerleader’) and Oscar & The Wolf are utterly original and will underscore the diversity of the Tomorrowland programme.
- Fatboy Slim, Tiësto, Markus Schulz are once again bound for De Schorre. Last year, Deadmau5 was joined by Eric Prydz onstage, who will certainly make the last festival day memorable this time around as well. On 30 July, you’ll find this influential producer at PRYDA. Tiësto has just released a new track called “BOOM” which, according to his management, is a reference to the town of Boom.
- Since Dave Clarke first set foot on the hallowed ground of Boom in 2015, he’s never missed an edition of Tomorrowland and this year, again, he’ll host his own stage.
- David Guetta, Martin Solveig, Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike, Yves V, Yves Deruyter have also managed not to skip a single Tomorrowland. David Guetta got his start in the Versuz tent and for a few years now, he’s been a favourite of the festival crowd on the Mainstage.
- It’s no secret that artists like to experiment at Tomorrowland. There’s room for B2B-sets, for launching new collabs or DJs stepping out of their comfort zone and trying out an alter ego. For example, Afrojack played the Tomorrowland Breakday Sessions under his own name, “Nick van de Wal”. This year, the artists Cirez D, Mescal Kid, NWYR, Gouryella, Dakota are on the programme. Each one is an alias for a well-known DJ who wants to try making a different sound from what the audience has come to expect.
- Various DJ couples will be joining forces behind the decks. Last year, Adam Beyer played B2B with his wife Ida Engberg. This year, Niels Feijen will be playing side by side with LYA, and VISION MACHINE with his zin NATASJA. The Dutch DJ Unders will be accompanied by his partner Britta from Berlin.
- Unique in the history of Tomorrowland is that a father, Delafino, together with his very own daughter Luna Fino, will be sharing the musical passion and love for house with the audience. They will be passing the torch at a very special location, the LEAF stage that is also the most sustainable stage at the festival.
- Nick Bril not only makes the magic happen in the kitchen of The Jane, but he’ll also show up for two DJ sessions at Tomorrowland. You’ll find him at both the Ants stage on the stage of Diynamic. Plus, he’s also the ambassador for Tomorrowland Tastes of the World restaurant.
- It’s a woman’s world at Tomorrowland with the likes of Daoud (Charlotte De Cock), Vaal – that’s right, the daughter of Sting-, Charlotte de Witte, Nina Kraviz, Amare, Krewella, MTTN, Alison Wonderland, Rebekah, Lady S, Francesca Lombardo, Sandrien, Nadine Adjani, Trixy, Annie Hall, Trinity, Lena, Q-LaLane, Maya Jane Coles…
- I LOVE TECHNO: the legendary concept returns to Belgium, with loads of bigtime names such as The Belleville Three, the pioneers of Detroit techno.
- Tastes of the World will bring together all the flavours of the world at Tomorrowland. Not only do the festival guests and the food selection at Tomorrowland promise a lively, international mix, but onstage as well you’ll find artists from all over the world, such as Blade & Beard who left Iran to follow their passion: music, and Krewella, two sisters with Pakistani roots.