In 5 hours, I will be hopping on a train that will take me from Brussels to Mechelen to Dreamville. Tomorrowland has been on my radar since my best friend and fellow rave princess shared this on my Facebook wall 2 years ago.
It took all of 3 seconds for Tomorrowland to jump to the top of my bucket list, and we decided that aside from selling our vital organs on the black market, there wasn’t anything we wouldn’t do to get to Boom. After 12 months of planning, the day has come. Here are 5 reasons we better see you at Tomorrowland this weekend…or why you should already be planning your adventure in 2014.
- ‘Tomorrowland is not just a festival. It is a fairytale world situated in beautiful natural surroundings.’ Situated about one hour outside of Brussels in the picturesque Belgian countryside, Tomorrowland offers an escape from reality for 3 days. Promises of summery beaches, peripheral animations and enchanting decor and even stages that float in lakes make Tomorrowland a truly unique experience.
- (Doesn’t) smell like teen spirit. I don’t know about you, but I couldn’t be more excited to dance beside Europeans and other world citizens who grew up listening to EDM in their diapers. A weekend devoid of teens who haven’t even heard of half the names on the Tomorrowland bill. Or so I hope.
- Trance around the world. Okay so maybe Above & Beyond won’t be there, but my fellow trance junkies will be drooling at the caliber and range of trance artists who will travel to Tomorrowland this weekend. Take Saturday’s Full On stage’s lineup for example: Shogun, Sied van Riel, Solarstone, W&W, Aly & Fila, Cosmic Gate, John O’Callaghan, Ferry Corsten and Orjan Nilsen. Mhmm.
- Taste of Tomorrowland. For once, I might leave a music festival with a few extra pounds rather than a concave stomach. Instead of your typical greasy pizza and soggy French fries, Tomorrowland employs world renowned chefs to create the weekend’s menus. This year’s festival will include chocolatier Dominique Persoone, chef Wout Bru and patissier Roger van Damme, to name a few.
- Dreamville. While some of us (cough…yours truly) may not be considered camping enthusiasts, the Tomorrowland experience wouldn’t be authentic without a stay in Dreamville. Dreamville seeks to immerse festival-goers in the same enchanting and mystical experience as Tomorrowland while providing comforts not often found at other festival campgrounds. These comforts include a marketplace with everything from a fresh bakery to a tea house, community centers and a warm-up party called ‘The Gathering.’
See you there, People of Tomorrowland. And for those of you who can’t join us, there’s always the livestream. http://www.youtube.com/user/TomorrowlandChannel