Dimitri Vegas, of Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike, has long been vocal about his love for video games. Now, the duo have officially announced the creation of their own e-sports organisation, Smash Esports.
Smash Esports will kick off by launching their CS:GO (Counter-Strike: Global Offensive) team, which is a first-person shooter game where strategy is key. In a bid to source a new home for their team the new CS:GO outfit, who previously played under the NoChance banner, immediately felt the connection and vision that Smash e-sports offers and which is in line with their own long-term strategic goals of future success and increased global reach. The CS:GO team has been playing with the following players since April 2019:
- Mikail “Maikelele” Bill – played for NIP, Faze, G2 and SK gaming some of the biggest organizations in the world.
- Martin “Styko” Styk – played for Mousesports, #10 in the world and cloud 9 (ranked the most valuable e-sports team by Forbes at $310m)
- Pavle “Maden” Boskovic – young talent from Montenegro and newest addition with the highest rating in the team.
- Kevin “kRYSTAL” Amend – Played in multiple Majors (comparable to the champions league in soccer)
- Jesse “zehN” Linjala – Played for well know organizations in e-sports such as Sprout, PENTA and HAVU and has MAJOR experience.
- Coach Jonatan “Devilwalk” Lundberg – Won A MAJOR with Fnatic (one of the biggest e-sport organisations) as a player and as a coach.
After venturing into CS:GO, the organisation is looking to achieve growth with adding new gaming titles such as Fortnite, League of legends, etc. Aside from the gaming aspect, the organisation will also be productive in social influencing/entertainment, lifestyle and talent agency activities.
“I’m incredibly excited by this new adventure,” says Dimitri. “Anyone who knows me, or follows me online, will know that I’m a dedicated gamer. Although I’ve committed my life to music, gaming was there from my earliest memory. So, to be able to formulate this organisation and turn a dream of mine into a reality within the e-sports world is a project I am 100% committed on. We’re going to do some truly amazing things in the world of e-sports with this organisation!”
“We are very happy to finally be making this news official,” adds Nick Royaards, with Smash the Records and manager for DV&LM. “It has been one of our long-term goals for some time. We’ve had several dealings in the e-sports world already, most recently appearing in a special Mortal Kombat competition, and the guys providing a track for the new Mortal Kombat 11. So this latest announcement further cements our place within the gaming world, with much more to come in the proceeding months.”