Articles are popping up all over the internet detailing the features of Apple‘s 10th anniversary smart phone, the iPhone 8.
Three Foxconn employees reportedly leaked the information via Reddit and the internet has been filling in the gaps. However, as Apple has pushed back the release date, much could change between now and the actual drop date of the new device.
Without any major redesign or rewiring aside from a slimmer, sleeker look, the iPhone 8 (also referred to as iPhone X) will be relatively comparable to the iPhone 7S and iPhone 7S. But, the technical stats are where it’s at when it comes to the new model: facial detection, retina scanner, wireless charging, and camera upgrades.
Here are the key specs via Forbes:
- The new iPhone is called the ‘iPhone X’ (but it is unclear if this is a codename)
- It looks most like the middle version in both these leaked images
- There is a new dual rear camera with vertical alignment
- The front bezel will be thinner on the Y-axis
- Test units have Touch ID under the glass “but performance and yield rates were not good
- No version is planned with a rear fingerprint scanner
- AuthenTech’s long standing Touch ID capacitive touch module has been replaced
- There will be Facial Detection and a Retina Scanner
- And plural: “front facing camera modules”
- RAM remains at 3GB like the iPhone 7 Plus
- The aluminum unibody is replaced by “composite glass”
- There’s wireless charging via a rear panel
- It will again be “water resistant” (no word if the rating has increased)
- There is no USB-C, Apple is sticking with Lightning
- Production is indeed delayed
With every upgrade, Apple seems to outdo itself, making it easier to communicate and capture the moment!
Source: Forbes| Image: Handy Abovergleich