While the entire city will be enjoying the festivities of the newly announced EDC Week, The Cosmopolitan will play host to the second annual EDMbiz conference for the week prior to EDC weekend. A conjugation of the most prominent men and women in the EDM community will conduct an extensive talk on the shape of the industry, future goals, and how we can all work together to form a brighter future for the EDM movement.
But it won’t be just business, lavish pool parties and access to some of the hottest night clubs in town will make for the perfect opportunity to network with some of the most powerful people behind the EDM industry. With artists such as Dash Berlin, Nero, Morgan Page, Dirty South, and many more lined up for EDMbiz registrants, EDMbiz will be a fun and interactive business conference that is unique and unlike any other.
The agenda and list of keynote speakers have been released which covers the topics of this years conference, and what the main talking points will be. Make sure to check out the list below, and if you are interested in attending this years conference, you can register (HERE)
On the Beat | EDM Press: From mainstream to independent media, our panel of journalists will discuss some the greatest challenges and most compelling storylines emerging from EDM culture today.
Growth & Investment: Leading money managers and financiers talk growth potential and key investment opportunities in dance music and peripherally associated businesses.
Content is King: More than most genres, EDM dominates the digital space. What are the best strategies for generating original content, and how can you monetize content online?
Festivals of the Future: Leading festival promoters and talent reps discuss the latest trends in the field, along with innovations and challenges in the festival arena.
EDM’s Place at the Grammys: What does the Recording Academy do? How do you submit music for awards consideration? How do you become a member? Panelists will also discuss the DJ AM Memorial Fund, and forthcoming documentary on his life.
Let’s Hug It Out | Agents in EDM: Top talent agents discuss their role in developing artists and helping shape the live music space. How do they identify talent, prioritize their roster and assess the best bookings for their clients?
An Introduction to AFEM, the Association for Electronic Music: Find out why the world of EDM needs a global advocacy group to help push the culture forward. AFEM—a future alliance for future music.
Adventures in Clubland: Key players from the nightlife industry discuss best practices and strategy for growth. How does a nightclub stay relevant? How do different markets compare?
The Greatest Night of Your Life: This panel examines the grassroots passion behind successful events and spotlights one of the most important, yet often overlooked, components of a thriving music scene—the fan. Panelists will also offer a preview of the EDC documentary with directors Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz.
– Neil Ackland, CEO and Founder, inthemix.com
– Matthew Adell, CEO, Beatport
– Afrojack, Artist/DJ/Producer
– Jila Alaghamandan, Entertainment Director, Insomniac
– Lynn Albers, COO, Spark! Productions Chicago
– Lee Anderson, Agent, AM Only
– Steve Aoki, Artist/DJ/Producer
– Katie Bain, Senior Music Writer, LA Weekly
– Doug Barry, Managing Director, Selby Ventures and Artist Capital Group
– James Barton, President, Live Nation Electronic Music
– Jason Bentley, Music Director, KCRW radio (Moderator)
– John Boyle, Chief Growth Officer and Interim CFO, Insomniac
– Bunny, Creative Director, Insomniac
– Todd Chaffee, General Partner, Institutional Venture Partners
– Costas Charalambous, SVP, SBE Nightlife
– Senthil Chidambaram, CEO, Dancing Astronaut
– Ted Cohen, Managing Director, TAG Strategic
– Matt Colon, Partner / Manager, Deckstar
– Dan Cutforth, Founding Partner, Magical Elves
– Dash Berlin, Artist/DJ/Producer
– Eddie Dean, Owner, Pacha New York
– Dirty South, Artist/DJ/Producer
– Bruce Eskowitz, COO, Red Light Management
– Ari Evans, Founder and CEO, Less Than 3
– Perry Farrell, Artist and Founder, Lollapalooza
– Shelly Finkel, Vice Chairman, SFX Entertainment
– Bill Freimuth, VP of Awards, Grammys
– Marc Geiger, Head of Music, William Morris Endeavor
– Geronimo, Director of Programming Electronic/Dance Format, Sirius XM
– Seth Goldstein, CEO, DJZ
– Martin Gontad, Producer, Creamfields Argentina
– Steve Goodgold, Agent, The Windish Agency
– Steve Gordon, Owner, Circle
– Allan Hardenberg, CEO, Alda Events (A State of Trance, Armin Only, I Am Hardwell)
– Jasja Heijboer, Owner, Ace Agency
– Chris Kantrowitz, Founder and CEO, Gobbler
– Kevin Kerslake, Director, DJ AM Documentary
– Sam Kirby, Agent, WME
– Stephanie LaFera, Owner, Little Empire Music
– Simon Rust Lamb, Esq., COO and General Counsel, Insomniac
– Mikhail LaPushner, CEO and Founder, OneBeat
– Vivien Lewit, Director Content Partnerships Music, YouTube
– Rob Light, Managing Partner and Head of Worldwide Music, Creative Artists Agency
– Jane Lipsitz, Founding Partner, Magical Elves
– Ryan Mac, Reporter, Forbes
– Kerri Mason, GM, inthemix.com and Contributor, Billboard
– Maria May, Agent, CAA
– Daniel Mendoza, Regional Manager, Chapter Operations, Grammys
– Liz Miller, General Manager, Big Beat/Atlantic
– Neil Moffitt, CEO, Angel Management Group (Hakkasan)
– David Moricca, Founder and CEO, Mixify
– Kurosh Nasseri, Attorney at Law and Co-Founder, Association for Electronic Music
– Josh Neuman, Co-Founder, Complete Control/Recreation Worldwide/THUMP
– Sarah Polonsky, Senior Editor, Vibe
– Gary Richards, CEO, HARD Events
– Matt Rodriguez, Agent, AM Only
– Pasquale Rotella, CEO, Insomniac
– Edward Shapiro, Partner, Reed Smith LLP
– Todd Sims, CEO, Flavorus
– Rick Stevens, CEO, Y Entertainment Group (Ron Burkle’s music investment arm)
– Jason Strauss, Managing Partner, TAO Group
– Tommie Sunshine, Label Owner, Brooklyn Fire and Writer, Huffington Post
– Mike Tunnicliffe, Chief Growth Officer, GroupM/WPP
– Ben Turner, Director, Graphite and Co-founder, Association for Electronic Music
– Hunter Williams, Agent, CAA
– Joel Zimmerman, Global Head of Electronic Music, William Morris Endeavor
– Brian Zisk, Managing Director, SF MusicTech Fund and Executive Producer, SF MusicTech Summit