Buckle up, kids. Zedd has teamed up with Guitar Center for one of the biggest remix competitions in recent memory. The track in question is Zedd’s collaboration with Selena Gomez, “I Want You To Know“. 12 unique stem files are provided for the competition, along with detailed instructions that you can find at this link.
The steps to enter are as follows:
1. Register your own video channel at guitarcenter.com/zedd.
2. Download the stems and create your remix.
3. Craft a video around your song, making it as simple or creative as you’d like! Upload to YouTube.
4. Share your video to your friends, family, and fans! The more it gets shared, the higher your rank will be.
5. Get judged by Zedd himself and the Guitar Center Panel! The criteria will be based on “authenticity, technique, style, and presence”.
The grand prize winner will receive over $18,000 worth of production and DJ equipment, studio time with Zedd, a write-up in DJ Mag USA, a session with Blood Company, and much more! The contest will end at 11:59:59 July 9th ET.
As more and more entries are submitted, you can keep up with the frontrunners on the associated leaderboard chart.
Head on over to the Guitar Center website to download your stems and get started. This is surely one competition you won’t want to sleep on.