Four people were hospitalized on Friday night at Listen In festival in Auckland due to drug-related conditions.
Three people were initially said to be in critical condition, and the fourth in serious condition. By Saturday morning, however, they had all recovered to a stable condition.
A spokesperson said the four people became ill after ingesting something, but paramedics are unsure what the substance was. Or if these cases are in any way related.
“Unless someone tells us, we have to just treat it as a poison,” the spokesperson explained. “Friends are reluctant normally to tell us so we have to treat the symptoms.”
Listen In sold out this weekend at Mt. Smart Stadium. Acts on the lineup include Flume, Diplo, ScHoolboy Q, 6LACK, and Slowthai.