Ultra Music Festival didn’t have the smoothest first day. A logistical nightmare took place as soon as Marshmello’s closing set was wrapping up. This left thousands stranded — unable to jump on a shuttle, many walked the causeway to the mainland.
Festival organizers already issued a formal response, stating that the ordeal was “unacceptable and inconsistent with the high standards you have come to expect from us.” As promised, Ultra has a reinforced plan to make sure attendees have a smooth transportation experience today and moving forward.
Here are the specific actions Ultra is taking, per the post below:
– Additional resources allocated to enhanced training for ALL transportation staff and volunteers
– Implementing comprehensive transportation information, including this exit map, at every shuttle hub and around the festival.
– Improved infrastructure around our bus loading process, particularly at the end of the night
– Significantly increasing control of pedestrian traffic exiting the event, in cooperation with Miami-Dade County and City of Miami Police.
– Feel free to stay and hang out! We are adding post-2am activities including extended food, drink, and merchandise vendor hours, art installations, secret performances, and other attractions.