The entire Virtual Self project is nothing if not a meticulously planned out world into which fans can completely immerse themselves. With each new teaser or puzzle piece revealed by Porter Robinson, the rabbit hole goes deeper and deeper, and this new hole is especially deep.
With a new website angelangelangelangelangel.com and video (below), the puzzle begins.
— Virtual Self (@virtual_self) July 18, 2018
The website has a (seemingly) endless string of URL prefixes that reload the page with a set of repeating prompts after you’ve clicked enough times on the page. Examples of corresponding prefixes and prompts include:
- 5739343422888838384324: 𝑆𝐸𝑆𝑆𝐼𝑂𝑁 𝑂𝐹 𝑉𝐼𝑅𝑇𝑈𝐴𝐿𝑃𝐴𝑅𝐴𝐷𝐼𝑆𝐸 ~𝑀𝑀𝑀𝐶𝑀𝑋𝐶𝐼𝑋𝑡𝘩 𝐼𝑁𝑆𝑇𝐴𝐿𝐿~
- beginning: 𝐼 𝑑𝑜𝑛’𝑡 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤 𝘩𝑜𝑤 𝑡𝑜 𝑓𝑒𝑒𝑙 𝑎𝑏𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢 …
- angelic-echo: 𝐸𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦𝑡𝘩𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑖𝑠 𝑜𝑘𝑎𝑦.
- eternal: 𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑠𝘩𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑦 𝘩𝑒𝑟𝑒 …
- utopia: 𝐷𝑜 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑓𝑒𝑒𝑙 𝑚𝑦 𝑡𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑠?
- digital-void: 𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒐𝒏𝒍𝒚 𝒂𝒏 𝒆𝒄𝒉𝒐 𝒐𝒇 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊𝒔 𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑵𝑵𝑬𝑳. 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒂𝒄𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒍𝒂𝒎𝒃 𝒐𝒇 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒎𝒖𝒏𝒊𝒄𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 | 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 𝒊𝒔 𝒓𝒆𝒗𝒊𝒗𝒆𝒅.
Some prompts will also include text input areas. According to reddit users, entering “ANGEL” in each prompt will eventually take you to a page with login info for the virtualself.life forum.
As u/TSM_Andrew writes, “On it you can find an interesting conversation between technic_angel and Pathselector where they discuss the remix and share audio snippets of the project.
The remix he refers to is a Technic Angel remix of “Ghost Voices” coming out July 20.
So, get ready for new Virtual Self… erm, Technic Angel, music tomorrow!
Photo via Rukes.com