Brothers Manu and Michiel Beers began making their dreams a reality by teaming up in 2005 for the first ever Tomorrowland held in Boom, Beglium. At the time, Belgium was poised and eager to hold a festival that would excite audiences like Mysteryland was captivating fans in the Netherlands.
The festival and brand that is now known across the world and in many different languages had its fair share of trials and tribulations at the start. The gigantic festival we know today that sells out in seconds and welcomes people from every corner of the world had to struggle to build their reputation and to bring their fairy-tale reality into the hearts of dance music lovers every where.
In its early years the festival’s humble beginnings saw stages that were not half as luxurious as we enjoy today. However, the sights and sounds of the world’s most talented artists delighted local audiences and every year growth was seen.
Key Post-Event Marketing
What really started putting Tomorrowland in the spotlight to people in every country of the world was their highly energetic, FOMO-infusing, YouTube after-movies. The first dance music brand to successfully perpetuate mind-blowing, high quality after-movies, Tomorrowland videos are coveted among the entire EDM culture even if you have never attended a show. Watching the evolution and increase in production of their post-show flicks is really entertaining and, in a way, like watching EDM music festivals grow up right before your eyes:
Dance World Domination
After mastering the art of throwing an amazing spectacle in Boom, Belgium the creators decided to bring the party known around the world to the United States. Their sister festival TomorrowWorld was born and brought to the picturesque land of Georgia’s Chattahoochee Hills in 2013. Home to the world’s busiest airport and 8,000 lush acres of beautiful farm land, Atlanta was the perfect place to host a party of this magnitude.
Dance World Domination
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Strong-holds in the European and North American markets weren’t enough for the People of Tomorrow, the term of endearment used to describe the fans of the Tomorrow brands. During the live-stream of the 2014 Tomorrowland broadcast that is available for free for anyone who has an internet connection the announcement was made Sao Paulo, Brazil would be the next city to host a Tomorrowland super-party. With their first show kicking off May 1-3 2015 and being the first broadcast of any Tomorrow festival this summer, the entire world will be watching and listening for what trends will be set that weekend.
Tomorrowland Facts You May Not Know
- For the first couple years of the festival Dreamville did not exist; fans would camp out right in front of the main stage.
- David Guetta is the only producer/DJ that has played every single year.
- Over 2 million fans log in to buy tickets even though festival grounds can only hold 60,000 people per day.
- Tomorrowland prides itself in being the first festival to offer a full sit-down restaurant to concert-goers.
- Tomorrowland has 4-5 floating stages that artists must take a boat ride to get to.
- Inside the main stage there is a 2-star Michelin rated restaurant that boasts some of the world’s finest chefs serving a tasting menu that is over $1,000 a plate. It seats 12, has hosted royalty, and proceeds from this extravagant meal are donated to charity. Occasionally Tomorrowland has had some of the DJs come cook in front of you before their time on stage.
- The festival has a full service Belgian chocolate bar serving some of the best chocolate in the world.
- $50,000 mansions are rented to high-rollers who never want to leave their lavish lifestyle while partaking in the part-ay.
- Tomorrowland has added Discover Europe packages which takes the People of Tomorrow on a wondrous journey to 4-5 beautiful European cities before they enjoy the festivities.
- Festival throwers rent the land Tomorrowland is held on from 20 different local farmers who have been known to fly Tomorrowland flags high and welcome the festival with both arms.
- Tomorrowland has dropped real rose petals out of helicopters instead of paper confetti to delight fans.
- TomorrowWorld has some of the hottest names in dance music curate special mixes on their SoundCloud account you can’t hear anywhere else to get you hyped. Like this one from last year by the incredible Oliver Heldens:
Photos Courtesy Of: Tomorrowland.com