DanceSafe is speaking out after a death at Lightning in a Bottle music festival has been ruled as an accidental LSD overdose.


The coroner’s findings are bringing up more questions than answers… Because, prior to the case of Baylee Gatlin, there had only been three claimed LSD overdoses in recorded history, according to DanceSafe

In a newly released article, DanceSafe Executive Director Mitchell Gomez writes:

“How and why Baylee died has been a question on the minds of the community at large, and everyone who works within the medical and harm reduction teams that provide services at music events. This is one of the reasons I was so surprised when the coroner’s report came back with the improbable assessment that Baylee died of an LSD overdose (i.e., “acute LSD toxicity”). Could this really be the case? It behooves us to look at the issue of LSD toxicity in detail.”

Could it have been 25i-NBOMe instead?

Toxic drugs commonly mistaken as LSD could have been the cause of Gatlin’s death… Since 2010, there have been dozens of deaths linked to 25I-NBOMe and related NBOMe and NBOH drugs, also according to DanceSafe.

“We also know that adding more toxicology panels can get expensive, but in today’s world, with so many misrepresented “research chemicals” flooding the market, it is important that they are done. We will just have to wait and see.”

DanceSafe, which played a huge role in providing safety and information at Lighting in a Bottle this year, sends its deepest condolences to Baylee Gatlin and her family.

Read the full article from DanceSafe here.