Well well well. Here we are again. Try as they might, The Chainsmokers just really can’t stop winning no matter where they go. “Closer” has been one of the biggest pop records in recent musical history in Canada having achieved a staggering 9x Platinum certification. Until now. When it went Diamond.
All in all, it was actually routed perfectly for The Chainsmokers who were performing to a sold-out crowd at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto last night to pick up their plaques adorned with a ridiculous amount of certifications from what they’ve accomplished in the last year or so.
That’s right, while their Diamond certification is certainly the highlight of the bunch here’s the rest of the plaque listed out for you.
- “Closer” ft. Halsey – Diamond
- “Don’t Let Me Down” ft. Daya – 8x Platinum
- “Roses” ft. ROZES – 5x Platinum
- “Paris” – 3x Platinum
- “Something Just Like This” with Coldplay – 2x Platinum
- “All We Know” ft. Phoebe Ryan – Platinum
- “Inside Out” ft. Charlee – Gold
- “Until You Were Gone” – Gold
All in all, not a bad haul indeed for two days up north.
“Closer” joined “One Dance” and “Rolling In The Deep” by Drake and Adele respectively as the only singles to achieve Diamond certification in Canada this year.
H/T: Music Canada