One of the biggest mysteries surrounding next year’s Electric Daisy Carnival was undoubtedly how camping would be handled. I say “was” because today the details have just been revealed, and it’s not really like any other camping festival out there right now.
First and foremost, there is no natural grass at the Las Vegas Speedway. After all, it is a desert. So driving up with just your tent and some stakes isn’t really an option – camping at EDC will remain a sort of VIP experience even at the most basic level, where campers can either drive in their own RVs or stay in some pre-furnished “pods” that have been set up by Insomniac.
Still, you can expect the same kind of campground experiences you would get at Middlelands, Electric Forest, or Beyond Wonderland… for a premium.
“Every year I challenge myself to find ways that we can enhance the EDC experience,” said Pasquale Rotella, Founder and CEO of Insomniac. “One of my dreams has always been to create an immersive camping element to the festival, and I’m proud to announce that today, that idea becomes a reality with Camp EDC. We’re building out an expansive campground complete with air-conditioned ShiftPod tents and a drive-your-own RV option, in addition to a full center camp area called The Mesa that features tons of amenities and activities like daytime pool parties, yoga, group exercise classes, a curated speaker series, 24-hour food and beverage options, go-kart racing and plenty of art. There are so many things our Headliners can explore in Camp EDC, but the most exciting part is that people will be able to connect with one another in a completely new way.”
As we mentioned before, EDC Vegas won’t be a “bring your own tent” kind of camping experience. Instead, all of the tent camping options are within ShiftPod2 structures; these are fully enclosed, lockable, and dust-controlled, with artificial grass flooring, air conditioning, interior lighting, and 4-port USB strips. This option begins at $1,199 per group of up to four people, and includes one vehicle pass.
The inaugural Camp EDC program will introduce three options:
- Moonglow Camping ($1,199 per group, includes all taxes and fees): One vehicle pass plus accommodations for up to four people. Bedding is not included.
- Desert Rose Premiere Camping ($1,499 per group, includes all taxes and fees): Accommodations for up to two people. Includes one vehicle pass, one deluxe queen bed or two single beds with linens and pillows, premier location closest to the festival entrance, and exclusive access to dedicated Desert Rose Camping showers and A/C restrooms.
- Bring-Your-Own RV ($329 per RV, includes all taxes and fees): Accommodations for up to eight people. RV campers will receive a 15-foot x 50-foot parking space, one vehicle pass, access to tent camping bathrooms and showers, and all Mesa amenities. Water and power can be purchased separately. All RVs must have a working air conditioner powered by an on-board generator.
Extra add-ons will be available for purchase on the EDC Las Vegas Camping website.
The Mesa will be available to all campers, and will serve as a sort of home base to congregate before or after the festival, or when you just need to head back to camp for a breather.
Featured amenities include:
- Thursday night kick-off party in the campgrounds featuring special guest DJ sets on the Parliament Art Car
- Go-kart racing
- Expansive Mesa pool complete with palm trees and walk-up bars
- Glitter and jewel makeovers
- Hair cuts, beard trims, and styling at the Barber Shop, open daily
- Airbrush body art
- Traditional yoga, acrobatic yoga, meditation, and Reiki cleansing
- Sound healing
- Rave aerobics and hula hoop classes
- Live model art
- Field day games like foot races, tug-o-war, and scavenger hunts
- Speaker series and comedic character performances
- Women’s wellness workshops
- Shaded spaces and misting stations with artificial grass
- A variety of food truck options serving breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks
- Beverage stands featuring alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
- 24-hour filtered water, medical, security and Ground Control services
- A general store, an information booth and a lost & found
- Free charging stations
- A shuttle service to nearby grocery stores (at extra cost)
- Pedicab service to and from the festival (at extra cost)
Camp EDC passes will be available to festival pass holders first, on Wednesday, November 15, at 12 PM PT, followed by the general on sale, Thursday, November 16 at 12 PM PT, here.